If you are in between jobs or have just started a new job and your benefits have not kicked in yet, you may be interested in buying temporary health insurance. Florida residents can purchase coverage quickly and conveniently from a number of insurance providers. In FL, temporary health insurance is not just for people who are unemployed or who are in a new job. Temporary health insurance in Florida may be needed in other circumstances as well.
Temporary Health Insurance: Florida Residents Need Coverage
Here are some other situations where you may need to consider buying temporary health insurance in Florida:
- You have been denied health insurance coverage due to health reasons.
- You are in college.
- You have recently completed your education and either have not started work yet or have started working but are not eligible for benefits at the present time.
- You need health insurance right away, at a price you can afford.
- You are in some form of transition period (remember that short term health insurance plans should not be thought of as a long term solution).
When it comes to health insurance in Florida, temporary can mean a period of up to three years. This gives you time to find a job with benefits, complete your education, or simply look for a better deal for your health insurance coverage.
This type of insurance is designed to be put in place quickly; generally speaking, you can have your policy issued within a 24-hour period. As the applicant, you will likely have to answer a few health-related questions when you apply for coverage.
What Florida Temporary Health Insurance Plans May Cover
The types of services that your FL temporary health insurance will typically cover include:
- Ambulance Costs
- Medical Services Provided by Physicians, Surgeons, Nurses, and Anesthetists
- Prescription Mediations (up to a certain limit)
- Laboratory Tests and X-Rays
- Cancer Treatments (Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy)
- Hospital Care in the Emergency Room
- Braces or Crutches
- Costs Associated with a Stay in a Semi-Private Hospital Room
Temporary health insurance coverage in FL is available for adults under the age of 65 and dependent children. A dependent child is defined as someone who is single and between the ages of 15 days and 23 years (if they are studying on a full-time basis).
The best way to buy your FL temporary health insurance is through an independent insurance agent. Unlike consulting a captive agent who can sell products from only one insurance provider, an independent representative is free to shop the health insurance market for you. Considering multiple products means that you can get the best coverage for your personal situation.
Insurance policies are often written in language that is difficult for the average person to interpret. An insurance agent has the knowledge and training to help you to understand what you are buying. If there is something that is not clear, be sure to ask! That’s what the agent is for.
Temporary Health Insurance: Florida Policy Provisions
- Coverage: Get covered for up to $2 million in medical expenses with your FL temporary health insurance plan. (This may seem like a lot of coverage, but if you are able to get permanent health insurance with a higher policy limit, please considering buying it. The $2 million you are covered for under your temporary insurance will run out quickly if you have to stay in the hospital for an extended period of time).
- Deductibles: Choose a deductible of between $25 and $5,000. To keep your insurance costs at a reasonable level, do consider a plan with a higher deductible, since this will mean that your monthly premiums are lower than with a lower deductible.
- Cooling Off Period: Once you buy your Florida temporary health insurance policy, look it over carefully. You have 10 days to review the materials and if you decide that it’s not the right policy to fit your needs, you can cancel it and get a full refund of any premiums you paid.
- Choose Your Own Doctor or Hospital: When you choose temporary health insurance in Florida, you also can go any doctor or hospital you choose. You don’t have to consider whether they are in your network of healthcare providers or not.
Compare Florida Temporary Health Insurance Quotes Now!
Do you need temporary health insurance?
Florida residents can use the online tool at the top of this page to get quotes right now. Click on it so you can arrange for the coverage you need.
Get started finding Florida health insurance now!